19th March 2020
We hope that you are all keeping well at this uneasy and unprecedented time. We appreciate how challenging this is for you and your families and we are thinking of you all. We miss each and every one of our children and would ask that you give them a special ‘hello’ from us! We are looking forward to the time when our classrooms are filled with chat, laughter and noise again.
In the meantime, we have organised a fortnightly plan of work to be completed with your child in your own time. This is not mandatory work and we would stress this. It is more of a guideline to help maintain routine, structure and stimulation at home. Please feel free to access and use at your own discretion. You know what works best for your child.
We will be updating the outlined plan of work on a fortnightly basis so keep an eye on the school website for info. There are also some useful tips, advice and websites listed there too. If you need to contact either of us personally for any particular reason, please do so, on our respective school emails: email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe, look after yourselves and keep positive. We are all in this together!
Laura Stakelum & Mary Harrington
School Work Outline Plan: 23rd March – 3rd April 2020
First Class: Ms Stakelum & Ms. Harrington
- Two Little Frogs: 1 story per week
- Jack and his Cat pg. 60
- Cat Family pg. 64
*Read passages & complete corresponding activities
- Read at Home: 3 stories per week
*Read passages & answer questions orally
-List 23: ‘OW’ & List 24: ‘EW’
*See word lists in copy.
- Cursive Writing: Go With The Flow 2 pages per week
- ‘dr’ & ‘fr’ pg. 46
- ‘gr’ & ‘pr’ pg. 47
- Creative Writing
- Using the picture stimuli in the folder write about one of your choice.
- Encourage children to use their descriptive model when writing: colour, shape, size, number, texture, position & feelings sentences.
- Twinkl has lovely vocabulary word mats to help with spellings.
- Planet Maths Satellite Book 3 pages per week. Tables -3 & -4
-Subtraction pg. 38
- Place Value pg. 39 & 40
-Fractions pg. 41
-Tables: In and Out pg. 42 & 43
- Revision of topics: Mé Féin & An Scoil
- Help your child to recap the focail/ frasaí nua (new words & phrases) through these writing & colouring tasks
S.E.S.E- History, Geography, Science
- There is no set book for these subjects, we usually complete tasks and document them in our S.E.S.E scrapbooks.
- I will outline some themes that we would otherwise be covering in school at this time & you are free to help your child research them, discuss them, chat about them, do some online work, project work etc. at your own discretion
- Themes & ideas:
- Spring Time: identify signs of spring & impacts on plants & animals
- Project work ‘Animals in Spring’
- The work of the Farmer
- Where does the food we eat come from?
- Can bananas grow in Ireland? Read about bananas
- List foods that grow/ do not grow in Ireland
- Make a fruit smoothie
- Fairtrade logo & its list of products
- Plant seeds & record their growth by drawing the various stages.
- Springtime scavenger hunt
- Grow in Love: 2 pages per week
-Saint Patrick pg. 60 & 61
-We receive Jesus in Holy Communion pg. 38 & 39
PE., Music, Art
- Pinterest has some great ideas for art & craft activities if you search for ‘spring art for kids’ or ‘Easter crafts for children’ for example.
- Go Noodle, Cosmic Kids Yoga and Kidz Bop are also fantastic for indoor dance and movement exercises.
- ‘Hurling 365 Skills Challenges’ is available to download & print online too.
- www.edcolearning.ie Username: primaryedcobooks Password: edco2020
- www.my.cjfallon.ie Click ‘Student Resources’